Deputy Clerk/Deputy Treasurer
The Village of Summit is seeking qualified individuals for a full-time Deputy Clerk/Deputy Treasurer. The Deputy Clerk/Treasurer assists the Clerk/Treasurer and is responsible for a wide variety of projects and tasks in accordance with State Statutes and Municipal Ordinances including but not limited to: preparation of customer billings for various utility districts; receipting customer payments; preparation of deposits and bank reconciliations; accounts payable and receivable; accepting applications, and collecting fees related to licensing; all functions related to election administration including voter registration and WisVote activities; assists with annual tax collection and reconciliation; responds to customer inquiries in person, by phone and via email; attends evening meetings and takes minutes as necessary; acts as secretary for Shoreland and Floodland Administrator and Cemetery.
Desired qualifications include:
- Degree or certificate in business, administration, or related field, or significant similar work experience
- Strong attention to details
- Work experience with a utility or government agency
- Ability to analyze figures and basic knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), and basic office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, printers, postage meters
- Experience with billing/accounting software such as Banyon Data Systems
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with documents such as voter records and related files
- Must be self-starter, and able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent commitment to public service
- Preference will be given to those candidates with WCMC or CMC designation
A full job description can be obtained from the Village of Summit website: www.summitvillage.org or by contacting the Village Hall at (262) 567-2757.
Candidates shall submit a completed Employment Application (available on website or by contacting Village Hall), cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Village of Summit, Village Clerk/Treasurer, 2911 N Dousman Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Materials must be received at the Village Hall or by email to email@example.com by Noon on Thursday, August 3, 2017.